ACEBSA Membership Rates
Active LA City Employees: $1.75 per pay period
Retired Members: $1.00 per month
Why Join ACEBSA?
ACEBSA offers the absolute lowest monthly membership dues.
Active and Retired City employees will receive ALL of the following services and benefits
when they join the ACEBSA Family:
- Movie Theater Tickets & Concession Discounts
- Discount Theme Park Passes
- Water Park Ticket Discounts
- Savings on Tickets to NBA, MLB, and NHL Games
- Exclusive Hollywood Bowl, Pirate’s Dinner Adventure, and Medieval Times Savings
- See’s Gift Certificates; See’s Candies (Holidays); Gas Cards; Restaurant Cards; Department Store Cards, etc.
- All City Employees (ACE) Financial Assistance Program
- Tom Bradley Scholarship Program
- Discounts on Merchandise (Caps, Cups, Portfolios, T-Shirts)
- El Pueblo Newspaper - Monthly Copy
FREE Membership Benefits Include:
- Prizes for Winners of monthly El Pueblo Quiz, El Pueblo Pop Quiz, Quizzes For Children and Young Adults, Updating Your E-Mail, Liking Us On Facebook, and Finding Your Hidden Name in the El Pueblo Newspaper.
- Free “paid” parking with each visit to ACEBSA
- Insurance Referral and Retirement Planning Services
- Free full-page Retirement and Other News in the El Pueblo Newspaper
- Notary Services
- Classified Ads
- Free Shipping for Tickets and Merchandise
- Information on Legal Resources – A Lawyer’s Perspective
- Free Personalized pre-sale of Tickets to Special Events
- You will receive all of the above services and benefits for only $1.75 per pay period (or $3.50 per month—Not $4.50 per month, or higher), and this amount has not changed in over 20 years!
Pay Your Dues With An Easy Payroll Deduction!
City of Los Angeles Employees can join ACEBSA today for only $1.75 per pay period! Please click here to download and complete the appropriate Payroll Deduction Form, digitially sign it and submit it to us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, Or, you may submit the signed form at one of our stores in the L.A. Mall (Suite 15 or 17); or, you may submit the signed form to us via USPS at:ACEBSA
201 North Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles Mall, Suites 15 & 17, Los Angeles, CA 90012
The ACE Assistance Program
Purpose of ACE Assistance Program:
The All City Employees Assistance Program (ACE-AP)* was established in October 1952. Its purpose was to assist City employees who needed financial assistance, following a prolonged illness or a catastrophic event beyond their control, and for which there was no other source of assistance available to help such employees. ACEBSA is proud to report that it has continued this great Program for the past 66 years for its members. *(The ACE-AP is not a loan program).
The ACE Assistance Fund is administered by the ACE-AP Committee of the All City Employees Benefits Service Association (ACEBSA). The Committee meets on the second Wednesday of the month, to review applications for financial assistance. All decisions made by the Committee will be based soley on the information submitted with the application.
Applicant must be a full-time City employee, in a good membership standing, for a minimum of six (6) months, and without a break in employment for one (1) year.
Financial assistance under the ACE-AP is considered on a case-by-case basis. Members should continue to explore other potential avenues for financial assistance, in view that ACE-AP Committee cannot guarantee an applicant will qualify for financial assistance.
Injury on Duty (IOD), Job Suspension, Funeral Expenses, and "acts of God." Members who have received financial assistance cannot reapply within 30 months of receiving a financial award.
Required Information to be Submitted with Application:
Each application must be accompanied by supporting documentation that demonstrates how the hardship has affected the finances of the member submitting the application. This information will help to determine the level of financial assistance for an eligible member. An application is deemed incomplete until the required information, requested below, has been submitted to ACEBSA.
- Hand or type-written letter explaining the reason for the request for financial assistance;
- The cause of your financial hardship;
- Copy of all past due/delinquet bills;
- Copy of two most recent pay check stubs;
- Copy of current bank statement(s); and
- Any additional information that would assist the ACE-AP Committee in the evaluation of your application.
The ACE-AP Committee may request additional information or documentation from a member before its final decision.
The decision of the ACE-AP Commitee will be communicated to the requesting member via Telephone and the USPS. If an applicant is eligible for financial assistance, payments will be made directly to the vendor(s) from which the member has acquired goods or services.
For More Information:
If you would like more information for about the ACE-AP, or obtain an ACE-AP application, we would be happy to send the application packet to you, via email, or USPS; or please stop by the ACEBSA offices in the L.A. Mall, Suites 15 and 17, or call our offices at (213) 485-2485; we would be happy to see you and answer any questions that you might have regarding this unique Program for ACEBSA members.
Tom Bradley Scholarship Program
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION: Wednesday, October 24th, 2018 at 12:00pm
Purpose of Tom Bradley Scholarship:
For members continuing their education or the children of members who plan to attend college, or attending college, the All City Employees Benefits Association offers the Tom Bradley Scholarship. Qualified applicants will receive financial support for their decision to make their education a top priority. We are extremely excited and proud that you have chosen ACEBSA and the Tom Bradley Scholarship Program to help enhance your educational career!
A completed application (printed, signed, and dated), with two (2) Letters of Recommendation and grades/transcripts on school/college letterhead must be returned to the ACEBSA office no later than 12:00 (noon) on October 24th, 2018. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please contact ACEBSA at (213) 485-2485, should you have any questions or need additional information.
Scholarship Application Checklist
Tom Bradley Scholarship Fund Annual Scholarship Criteria:
- Applicant must submit a completed application.
- Applicant must submit an official, sealed copy of their grades/transcripts with application.
- Applicant must submit two (2) Letters of Recommendation with application.
- Applicant must exhibit a high-degree of scholastic achievement and merit.
- Applicant must show proof of acceptance to a College or University.
- Applicant must continue studies at an accredited two- or four-year College, Trade School, Professional School, or Graduate School.
- Scholarship award must be used for tuition and/or purchases of educational supplies needed at a two- or four-year College ,Trade, Professional or Graduate School, or Junior College or University that the applicant plans to attend.
- The amount of the scholarship award shall be determined by the Scholarship Committee, and the successful awardee will be notified, in writing.
A COMPLETED APPLICATION (PRINTED, SIGNED, AND DATED), WITH TWO (2) LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION AND GRADES/TRANSCRIPTS ON SCHOOL/COLLEGE LETTERHEAD MUST BE RETURNED TO THE ACEBSA OFFICE NO LATER THAN 12:00 NOON ON OCTOBER 24, 2018. NO EXCEPTIONS.
CITY of LA Employees
LACERS (Retired) With Insurance Products
LACERS Without Insurance Products