Did you know that every year ACEBSA offers the Tom Bradley Scholarship to members looking to further their education, or the children of members who plan to attend college? Last year the Tom Bradley Scholarship was awarded to seven outstanding students: Kiana M. Cohen, Alec Frank, Kameelah Malone, Gustavo A. Martinez, Alvin P. Ong, Salvador A. Sanchez, and Lindsy A. Vega.
If you or your child haven’t applied already, be sure to mark your calendars as the deadline to submit your application is Friday, November 17th at 12:00pm!
Here are the requirements to apply if you (or your child) are interested:
- Completed application that is printed, signed, and dated
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Official, sealed copy of grades and transcripts
- Applicant must exhibit a high-degree of scholastic achievement and merit
- Proof of acceptance to a college or university
- Applicant must continue studies at an accredited two or four-year college, trade school, professional school, or graduate school
- Scholarship award must be used for tuition and/or purchases of educational supplies needed at a two or four-year college, trade school, professional school, or graduate school, or junior college or university that the applicant plants to attend
- The amount of the scholarship award shall be determined by the Scholarship Committee, and the successful awardee will be notified, in writing
For any questions, please call our offices at (213) 485-2485 and ask for either Sylvia or Chevonda to learn more about the application process! Best of luck to all!