Along with providing members discounted rates on movie tickets, theme parks, and sports tickets, ACEBSA also offers a program called the ACE Financial Assistance Program. In this blog post, we’ll cover what the ACE Assistance Program is and how you, as a current ACEBSA member, can use it!
The ACE (All City Employees) Financial Assistance Program was actually requested by Los Angeles City employees, and as a result, was established in October 1952. The idea behind this program is to assist employees who find themselves in financial hardships caused by an illness or catastrophic event beyond their control.
If you think you or a co-worker qualifies for our ACE Assistance Program, here are some items that need to be included when submitting an application:
- Copy of two most recent pay stubs
- Copy of most recent bank statement(s)
- Copy of all past due/delinquent bills
- Handwritten or typed letter explaining reason for request and the cause of your financial hardship
- Any other pertinent information to assist in the evaluation of your application
- Exclusions: Injury on Duty (IOD), job suspension, and funeral expenses
To learn more about the ACE Financial Assistance Program and how to obtain an application, give us a call at (213) 485-2485 or stop by the ACEBSA office in the Los Angeles Mall, Suites 15 or 17, Monday through Friday from 8:00AM – 4:30PM.